I awoke this morning realizing that from today
things were going to be different!!
You see, I've been "walking with the Lord" since I came to salvation in 1966 and my baptism in the Spirit in 1972.
But as I lay in my bed this morning reflecting on recent happenings in my life which I wont go into here, I realized thatI have actually been going pretty much my own way. Though I acknowledged Christ as my Savior, and God as my Father, and even though I worshiped God, that's about as far as it went.
You see, although when I went through the waters of baptism so many years ago, I "died to my old self and the world and rose in newness of life", I some how never really ever left the old things behind. and gradually over the years I allowed my old self to get back control of my life and it was very much a case of walking on the line that separates the Kingdom of Heaven from the world, with one foot still in the world and open to the lusts of the world, and one foot in the Kingdom, expecting (Yes, can you believe it? EXPECTING) the blessing of God.
Sure, God was always there by my side, keeping me by His grace, ever watching over me, patiently waiting for me to come to my senses.
He eventually led me away from my loved ones, into a figurative but close to literal "wilderness experience".

Yes, I've been staying on my own in Kathu, Northern Cape, a hot, dry, semi-arid region of South Africa, an area known as the Green Kalahari, while working on an opencast iron ore mine. My family and home are 500+ Km away in Fochville, just west of Johannesburg, and due to the distance I get to see them once a month over a week end. Due to financial constraints of providing for my wife back home and for my
self here, as well as been apart from my family, my whole existance here has been on a decline.
To make matters worse, the local church I started attending when I first arrived here lost there preacher shortly afterwards, and as happens in such cases half of the small congregation eventually left. Finally the few musicians also stopped attending, and for a couple of Sundays we held services without any music for worship!!
Then recently I subscribe to Top TV - a local supplier of satellite TV - with a package that includes God TV. I started watching the programs there, and my spirit was stirred into new life. One program that had a significant effect on me was one of the Bay Revival broadcasts from Oklahoma in the USA.


I was sitting all on my own in my chair watching with great
yearning in me to be able to be a part of the worship there, when the preacher - I can't remember who it was, possibly John Kirkpatrick - was standing on the platform, and as he reached his hand toward people who had come forward for prayer, the people were slain in the Spirit and fell over! He then called the other preachers who were sitting on the platform to come forward, as he stretched out his hand towards them in prayer, they fell over.

Now I've always been skeptical about such things, but then he turned and looked into the camera, and said to the viewers that they should be ready to receive a touch from the Lord. I thought to myself "Okay God, I don't know if this is for real, but I do know that if You are behind this, then I'm waiting...... and then I felt a warmth as though a ball of fire came out of the TV and straight to my belly. It was gentle but definite, and I couldn't do anything but sit there and sob like a baby!!
Since then I know that things are going to start coming right! I've received healing for a condition that existed in my neck causing me pain, discomfort and headaches. I've Realized that I have authority over the devil and his demons (well, I did know it before, but never used it.) and have started exercising that authority. And although I knew of the power of the shed Blood of Christ that was available to us, only now have I started applying the blood to myself, my family, My finances, and all I possess.
But up until when I went to bed last night I've still been negative. But this morning I woke up with a positiveness in my spirit, an excitement, an expectancy!
God IS still alive and on the throne, and though the devil is desperately going around causing havoc where ever he can, God WILL remember HIS OWN!!!
Stay tuned for more wonderful news in the days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment